Terri Gray's Update

Hello. Welcome to my Blog. I will use this form of communication to keep all my family, friends and others who are interested in my life experiences living with cancer up to date. I have been battling inflammatory breast cancer since May 2003. Every day I pray "May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today!" Please subscribe to my Blog by entering your email address in the subscribe box located in the right column below my book.

Friday, April 21, 2006

Jesus At Work


Dear friends and family,

The last time Terri wrote you was on April 3, 2006. For many days now I have hoped she would have the strength to compose a letter to you. As the days have gone by, it's clear that she is not going to be able to do that any time soon. So it is I, David, sending this message to you.

Terri has had some good days recently. More of her family and friends from across the nation have come to visit. It was really good to see her brother Brian and his family during the Easter holidays. To all our amazement, Terri made it to the Easter service at church. After church, 12 of us set down for a turkey dinner provided by Pastor Ron. My Mom from TN is here too and she is staying with Jennifer.

On April 6th, I surprised Terri with special gifts. She first opened the gift bag to find 2 custom made license plate frames that was also an announcement to her second gift. With the help of my neighbor, a new Web site with her very own domain name debuted. It is TerriLGray.com.

On April 19, an interview with Terri, aired on a national radio program called Money Matters. I have placed the edited interview on our family Web site and Terri’s new Web site. The actual telephone interview took place on March 28th.

Speaking of March 28, I have to tell you that Terri really surprised me with a birthday gift that I have had my eyes on for some time. Terri gave me a Canon EOS 30D digital SLR camera. I want to become an amateur wildlife photographer and spend less time from in front of my computer.

Early this week, Terri appeared to stable. Wednesday she began show some signs of weakening and Thursday she seemed to be a little worse. No matter her condition, she still has enough energy to display her beautiful smile and make us laugh. She is amazing to us all.

In today's devotional, the verse was from Isaiah 65:8, paraphrased, it states "The new wine is found in the cluster." Notice it says cluster, not grape. It's all about team work. And I see that happening here in Lompoc. People from different churches and different faiths joining in our front yard to pray. It is an awesome sight yet very humbling. Isn't that what it's going to be like in heaven? No walls or boundaries between our faiths. The sign posted in our font yard states, "Jesus At Work".

Continue to pray for her and my family.

On behalf of Terri,

David


May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today.
The past is history, the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift! Enjoy today.