Terri Gray's Update

Hello. Welcome to my Blog. I will use this form of communication to keep all my family, friends and others who are interested in my life experiences living with cancer up to date. I have been battling inflammatory breast cancer since May 2003. Every day I pray "May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today!" Please subscribe to my Blog by entering your email address in the subscribe box located in the right column below my book.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday

Hello friends and family,

It's Friday, and I realize I haven't written to you since my Wednesday update a week ago. I apologize. It's been quite hectic here...lots of emotional ups and downs. Now, I think everyone has allowed my news to sink in, they're doing ok. As you read this, I hope you're ok, too. I've had such an awesome time with the Lord this past week. He has been my refuge, my strength at all times.

Yesterday, I had my first meeting with the hospice nurse case work manager, and it was quite a pleasant experience. Donna Green, RN, explained how she could help make me more comfortable, and that has already taken place. She had a very well organized binder for me to keep with everything we discussed inside, so that we could feel confident in our part of making it all work out.

Thank you to all who have brought meals, walked the dogs, and come to visit. Since so many of you just want to help out, I must tell you that we have an abundance of meals coming, so if you wish to help with a meal, please call our new meal coordinator, Cheryl Pilkerton, at 735-8242, to find out when that would be best to deliver, and what our current needs are. Thanks so much!

Many of you have asked how I'm feeling, what my symptoms are currently, etc. Mainly, I have extreme fatigue, and that makes long visits a little difficult, as I might fall asleep on you while we're talking. Sorry if that has already happened to you!

We had the most wonderful visit with David's family this past weekend, and now my brothers, Sean from Houston, and Stuart from Lolo, MT will be here this evening, along with Juliana, Sean's fiancé and Dad and Mom Julian. So we will have plenty of guests! It's so nice that everyone wants to visit. I love to see each of you.

I promised myself to keep this brief, and so I shall. Just wanted you to know how much I love each and every one of you.

Love,

Terri


May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today.
The past is history, the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift! Enjoy today.