Terri Gray's Update

Hello. Welcome to my Blog. I will use this form of communication to keep all my family, friends and others who are interested in my life experiences living with cancer up to date. I have been battling inflammatory breast cancer since May 2003. Every day I pray "May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today!" Please subscribe to my Blog by entering your email address in the subscribe box located in the right column below my book.

Monday, February 20, 2006

A New Ride

Good morning all,

Just wanted share my newest experience with you all, since you're such an awesome part of my life. My parents have been here for the weekend, and just left a few minutes ago. Dad's birthday is coming up on March 1st, and I wanted to send his gift with my mom so she could take it back with her today. Unfortunately, my pain level increases with each step I take, so walking any distance is uncomfortable. So I asked my mom to drive me to Wal Mart where, at least, I could pick out a gift for him, and then just walk back to the car while she took my purchase to the check-out for me.

It dawned on me when we got into the parking lot, that I could just use one of the electric carts Wal-Mart has in the entry to the store. It was perfect~! I didn't wipe anyone out...well, ok...I did manage to knock down a group of clothing hanging down low, because they caught on the corner of the cart. But as I got a handle on it, I was cruisin' around the Lompoc Wal-Mart!!! Thankfully, I was able to take my time shopping for Dad, as well as picking up some other gift items for others with special occassions. Speaking of which...Congratulations to Jenny and Eric Klinedinst on the birth of their daughter, Lillian. Barb called yesterday to tell me Jenny's water broke and they were on the way to the hospital. I don't have any other details yet, but we just praise God for a healthy baby and safe delivery. Congrats, Barb K. and Tammy M. on your granddaughter!

If the pain continues to be troublesome, I just may need to look into renting one of those little carts to get out and about with. What fun.

Blessings to you all. Happy Presidents' Day. What an awesome country we live it, and with so many presidents who served our country well. Let's remember to pray for those in leadership...especially President Bush, today. He has a huge responsibility.

Love,
Terri

May I be a blessing to you in each word I write today.
The past is history, the future is a mystery, but the present is a gift! Enjoy today.